Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Join me on my Journey to Ironman




This is my first post to my Ironman Journey. I am going to go through this journey on my blog. I am going to do this from the point of view of someone with a disability. I have another blog that focuses on my life with a disability. http://temporallobeblog.blogspot.com/ This blog will focus on the training, the gear, the trials and tribulations that I go through on my road to the Penticton Ironman 2009.

I will also be reviewing a whole whack of technology that helps me complete this goal.

To introduce my story, in 2005 I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury. I had a chunk of my skull removed and placed in liquid nitrogen to allow the swelling of my brain room to well, swell. I was never expected to walk or talk again.

Well I walk and I talk, I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2006, I completed my first Olympic distance triathlon in Vancouver in 2007. I am now going after the Ironman.

So join me on this journey. I am going to post suggestions to products that work for me. I am going to review things from a different point of view. I have a low income, and recently married, with $16,000.00 worth of student loan debt.

I am an instructor at the Running Room in my hometown. I will be posting some information for my members, and information on all three sports. Swimming, biking and running.

I have some neat toys with my Garmin devices and I will be uploading my routes, and all my data. I will be opening the door to all my challenges and all my successes.

So please be gentle with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment